2/27/2007

Moved By the Spirit

It was a big weekend for Roadside. I ate 40 hors d'oeuvres!! First off, thanks to all of you who turned out for Amazing Grace. The film took in $4 million and finished the weekend in the top ten at the box office. And of course, on Saturday night Mat Whitecross took home the Spirit Award for Best Documentary for he and Michael Winterbottom's The Road to Guantanamo. Here Mat is on stage accepting his award from Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Illeana Douglas (photo courtesy of Getty Images):And here he is later in the evening sitting next to some Israeli dude while I ate a burrito (photo courtesy of my craptacular cell phone. burrito courtesy of the Academy Award-nominated director of the brilliant My Country, My Country, Laura Poitras):
He made me promise not to show anyone this pic (activists don't smile this big!!), but he's back in London now. What's he gonna do??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home